Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Drinking the Sun

I'm sitting on a cold, hard bench overlooking Lake Geneva. I'm freezing and fatigued yet I am overwhelmed by a sense of bliss. Though I miss my friends, family and home, I feel unmistakably whole. While staring at the shimmering lights reflected on the water's surface, I can't help but reflect on the wonderful day I've had. I walked the cobblestone streets of Geneva's old town while breathing in the tantalizing scents of chocolate and coffee. I explored the marina admiring both the beautiful boats and the jaw-dropping view. Then it was off to the Cathedrale du St. Pierre where the stained glass and intricate woodwork left me awestruck but not as awestruck as the view from the North Tower. After a grueling climb up thousands of steps, I was rewarded with crystal blue water and scarlet rooftops and a setting sun. Today I made memories that will bring me back to this city again and again. It's subtle beauty that peeks around every corner keeps me chasing more and more. When gazing at the city from the balcony of the North Tower, I felt as if I was drinking the sun. And since I've embraced the beauty and warmth, I am very much in a state of bliss and no amount of cold or exhaustion can take that away from me.

1 comment:

  1. Kaleigh!! I love your descriptions! i can almost visualize what you are seeing. I google mapped Geneva and I can barely believe you are actually sitting on a park bench half the world away. You are the coolest chick i know! Luxuriate in each and every single second.

    ReplyDelete